The requirements for joining the STORM Team are:
- Be at least 12 years old
- Be at least Gold Belt Rank
- Attend a minimum of 2 classes per week
- Have a goal to become a Black Belt
- Desire to work on leadership skills and to be a good role model
- Act appropriate as a member of a leadership team by being a good example both in and out of the dojang.
- Write an age appropriate short essay on why they would like to become a Black Belt and be a leader.
- Obtain a character recommendation letter from a non-related adult (if younger than 18)
- Take a STORM team quiz about the principle of Choi Kwang Do (if younger than 18)
The benefits for joining the STORM Team are:
- Attending special leadership training classes at ACKD dojang
- Attending special STORM Team annual seminars at Choi Kwang Do International
- Allowing leadership skills learned at ACKD to transfer to other areas of life
- Wearing a blue and black uniform
- Helping out in class and at monthly tests if requested